Quality and Safety
Reference of Quality Management System
NCC Power Projects Division has developed and implemented the Quality Management System in accordance with ISO standard 9001: 2008. These procedures describe the degree of detail required for quality control of NCC-PPD activities.
NCC-PPD was originally certified the requirements of ISO 9001: 1994 on 13th May, 2000. Subsequently, on the transition to ISO 9001: 2008 - Quality Standards, the division was re-certified on 8th February, 2003 and given 9001-2008 certification on 18th March, 2009, valid for a period of three years.
The company's performance is periodically assessed through internal as well as external auditors.
NCC-PPD has a track record of successful implementation of the quality management system as confirmed through these audits.
NCC Construction Division has been accredited the ISO 9001: 2000, certified by BVQI, for the installation, testing & commissioning, overhauling and maintenance of plants for electromechanical, instrumentation and related civil projects in the power, petrochemical, fertilizer, steel and cement sectors.
The company has always been committed to provide high quality services with the aim of enhancing customer satisfaction.
NCC Construction Division Quality Standard
NCC-CDs primary goal is to adopt industry best practices to provide our customers with top quality services. To this end, NCC-CD has established and maintained a Quality Management System (QMS), ISO 9001: 2000.
The Quality Management System policy is spread throughout the workforce to consistently improve the long-term success of NCC-CD.
- Provide products, systems and services that satisfy our customers needs & expectations of quality, safety, reliability and service, and meet the requirements of the relevant national / international standards.
- Accomplish quality objectives by establishing, implementing, and maintaining an effective quality assurance system that is in compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001.
- Achieve customer satisfaction through the careful management of our work processes, with a focus on value creation and cost and schedule control.
- Continual improvement of processes and systems by providing appropriate resources to all personnel, including tools, facilities and training.
NCC-CD's periodic assessments lead it to perform regular improvements on its safety and health efforts. It has been accredited with certificates of appreciation from various clients, such as:
- Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company
- Saudi Iron & Steel Company (Hadeed)
- Tabouk Electricity Company
NCC Construction Division Safety Policy
NCC-CD's management is committed to provide a safe working environment for its employees and clients. We have adopted a strong safety program outlining management leadership, assignment of authority, safety rules and regulations, employee orientation and training. Our goal on every project is to have zero incidents of injury, loss of personnel, equipment or material.
Each employee is fully committed and dedicated to the objective of preventing accidents by ensuring safe working conditions from the conceptual stage of engineering, up to the completion of a project.
3 - NCC Transmission & Distribution Division (NCC-T&D) Quality Policy
- To achieve and sustain a leading position with consistent quality in the engineering, procurement, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of high voltage substations, overhead transmission lines & underground cabling works of up to 400KV and medium voltage distribution lines and systems.
- To uphold relevant national or international standards.
- To meet the contractual requirements to enhance customer satisfaction.
- To establish, document, implement, maintain and continually improve our Quality Management System through communication and understanding of all employees in the organization.
NCC Transmission & Distribution Division Safety Policy
Safety plays an important role in construction work. It is our objective to efficiently achieve our targets without compromising on safety aspects of personnel, equipment, plants or the environment. An effective safety program will improve the overall performance of the project and help eliminate and minimize accidents.
Safety is an integral part of our daily activity and requires strict adherence to the following principles:
- Every employee shall familiarize himself with the safety rules/
- The primary responsibility of each employee is to reduce the possibility of an accident.
- Safety takes precedence over expediency and shortcuts.
- The basic safety rules and preventive measures contained in this program are mandatory and will be enforced by supervision & management.
- Safety is accepted as an individual responsibility and each person shall think, plan and perform his work with the utmost consideration for safety.
- Individual commitment and support of these principles by each employee is critically essential to the success of the safety program.